Math begins here…
General School, Team, and Classroom Rules
MABELVALE MAGNET MIDDLE SCHOOL
RITUALS AND ROUTINES
Before School and Between Classes
- Before school, all students will line up by grade on the parking lot before entering the building.
- When the first bell rings, selected teachers, along with security officers and A.P.’s will walk students to the appropriate ramp.
- 8th grade will enter on the top ramp (near Mr. Gullett’s class)
- 7th grade will enter on the main hall (cafeteria doors)
- 6th grade will enter on the middle ramp (50)
- Students will remain on appropriate grade level ramps.
- Students will walk and talk on the right side of the hall/ramp.
- Students will respect all hallways and ramps as “quiet zones.” (no horseplay, shouting, or loud talking)
- Students will line up and quietly wait for the teacher’s permission to enter the classroom.
- Students will be in class before the tardy bell rings.
Students will be expected to do the following:
- Enter the room in a safe and orderly manner, with all appropriate learning materials.
- Respect the “Opening” and “Closing” of class as critical learning times. (No passes or permission to leave the room will be given for the first 15 minutes and the last 15 minutes of class.)
- Take their assigned seats and begin working on the “Do Now” or Bell ringer activity posted on the board.
- After completing the “Do Now,” write the learning objective and the homework assignment in their agenda books.
- Follow all instructions and actively participate in class work and class discussions.
- Raise their hands and be recognized by the teacher before participating in discussions, asking questions, or leaving their seats.
- Remain in class until they are dismissed by the teacher.
Teachers will do the following:
- Teach and expect students to enter class in a safe and orderly manner.
- Greet students as they enter the classroom.
- Write the daily learning objective and any assignments on the board/Smart board.
- Present lessons that use best practices that”break up” the 90 minute block into effective learning blocks (Opening, Work Time, and Closing).
- Teach or present lessons from “bell to bell.”
- Teach and expect students to respect a safe, orderly learning environment.
- Teach and expect students to leave the class in a safe and orderly manner.